Who are New Zealand’s Most Trusted Brands?
31 July 2012: Sony, F&P and Breville are among New Zealand’s most trusted brands in the annual Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Survey.
Whittaker’s took the top spot however, having moved up three places to top the 2012 list, while last year’s number one, St John’s, moved to number two. Iconic cooking and baking goods brand Edmonds made its debut at number three, while Dettol fell from two to eight.
The 8th annual Trust Survey confirms some solid favourite category brands, as Sony and Fisher & Paykel have topped their categories (electronics and whitegoods, respectively) since the Survey began in 2005.
Looking further back, Fisher & Paykel Appliances was also named Most Trusted Brand in the the categories of Electronics in 2004 and Whitegoods & Large Appliances 2000-2003, making it 12 consecutive wins for the brand.
2012’s overall most trusted brands are (last year’s position in brackets):
- 1 - Whittaker's (3)
- 2 - St John (1)
- 3 - Edmonds (N/A)
- 4 - Wattie's (4)
- 5 - Sanitarium (8)
- 6 - Tip Top (bread) (5)
- 7 - Lemon & Paeroa (10)
- 8 - Dettol (2)
- 9 - Toyota (9)
- 10 - Colgate (7)
The most relevant 2012 category winners were the following:
Category Winner (Highly Commended)
- Electronics Sony (Panasonic, Samsung)
- Whitegoods Fisher & Paykel (Bosch, Samsung)
- Kitchen Appliances Breville (Kenwood, Russell Hobbs)
- Retail Brands Farmers (NZ Post, Mitre 10)
- Gardening Equipment Masport (Stihl, Black & Decker)
- DIY Power Tools Stihl (Black & Decker, Bosch)
- Home Improvement Stores Mitre 10 (Briscoes, Bunnings)
- Paint Brands Resene (Wattyl, Dulux)
All the winners of the 8th annual Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands survey can be found here.